Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slow Down



Each new year causes most of us to reflect on where we've been and how we'd like the life ahead of us to pan out. This winter was no exception in prompting me to re-examine my values and I took the leap of faith to decrease my full-time work schedule in order to devote more time to creative pursuits and spending it with loved ones. It's so easy to get caught up in the frenetic pace of the world we live in: commuting, working, answering e-mails, text messages, paying bills, running errands... one of my goals this year is to focus on simplicity and just kind of slow down the chaos. I'm still adjusting to this concept and have certainly not perfected it yet, so I recently bought myself these flowers to remind me to 'stop and smell the roses', if you will. What helps you slow down?

No comments:

Post a Comment