Monday, August 12, 2013

Girls and Pearls

 
Years ago, when I fancied myself quite the 'mod' fashionista, I fell in love with a Mademoiselle magazine feature entitled, 'Girls and Pearls', and had cut all the photos out and taped them inside my closet to inspire me when putting outfits together!
 
 
I've since had a soft spot for the creamy white spheres, whether long and lean, like the flapper styles Coco Chanel popularized, or chunky and baroque.  Here I offer you my version of 'girls and pearls', including an old glass portrait...
 
 
garnets and cherubs...
 
 
sterling silver swans on a 'pond' of aquamarines...
 
 
a very special 19th century meerschaum...
 
 
and beautiful shell cameo...
 
 
I'm pretty sure pearls are a girls' second best friend!  ;)
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!  <3 Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment