Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pieces of History


I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July holiday, celebrating over 230 years of American independence! I've had a busy week in the studio, assembling new gems from long-forgotten treasure... my way of celebrating little pieces of history, if you will.

First I started with a few cutom orders...


Old rhinestones and Mary medals accented with garnet briolettes.


And an earring and bracelet set that I sent off to India today!





I've been working on these prayer card cuff bracelets for a while now. I set the images behind resin and vintage buckle and dress clip 'frames'. The resin takes several days to dry, so you have to give yourself a bit of extra time before the assembly can begin!







Another pair of earrings, simple enough to wear every day!



Then I began on the necklaces, probably my favourite type of jewelry to make since there are so many possibilities!



I accented this Art Deco paste buckle with an ombre of iolite and labradorite stones, and a bit of vintage pearl. So classic.




If nobody ever buys this next piece, that will be OK with me because I wouldn't mind keeping it for myself! I just speaks to me with its slightly punk / gothic mix of crystal, pink stones and British medal.



The medal is a commemorative piece celebrating the marriage of Queen Elizabeth to her handsome George.


I even finished it off with an old wedding ring!


Finally, this necklace truly is like owning a piece of history! I began with an antique hand-painted porcelain brooch featuring the image of Josephine Bonaparte. She is set in a silver and enamel frame. Just lovely!


I suspended her from vintage rhinestones, brilliant gemstones and goldtone Victorian links.



Thank you for celebrating these historical pieces with me! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, everything is stunningly beautiful! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. I'm so glad I found your blog!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful as usual.
    I need to make a trip to HL or Michaels for some chain to finish a piece and basic supplies, but it is suppose to hit 100 again today and no telling what the heat index will be.
    Enjoy your weekend and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jewelry designs keep getting better and better! I love your new cuff bracelets and the earring/bracelet set you sent to India - wow! I'm sure your clients will fall in love with Josephine too :)

    ReplyDelete