Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tribute to Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria, whose reign defines the Victorian era, was born in 1819. She was crowned in 1837 and married her first cousin, Prince Albert, three years later. The couple had nine children before Albert died in 1861, throwing the queen into a long period of mourning. We often think of her as a somber woman, dressed in black, and who popularized mourning jewelry, still associated with Victorian times. Upon her own death in 1901, the era came to a close, but its history, traditions and beautifully detailed fashions, furniture, and of course jewelry live on. Won't you please join me in paying tribute to this special lady? God save the queen!

4 comments:

  1. These are breathtaking new pieces, Robyn. The Young Queen is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these pieces Robyn! I especially love the bib necklace! I'd love to try a hand at one myself...I'm always so scared of it being too much, but your creations are still so beautiful they really do inspire me! Your compositions are pure genius! Thanks again for sharing and working so hard to please our eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your wonderful compliments, Janet and Alessandra! It means a lot coming from both of you who are also such great jewelry artists! Glad to see the 'Victoria' collection was so popular! :) Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn,
    I haven't been around for a while due to illness. Now I'm playing catch-up with my favorite blogs. Your pieces are just lovely--as always!!!

    ReplyDelete