Saturday, March 19, 2011

Raindrops and Roses

Despite the deluge of rain we're experiencing in the bay area this week, our hearts are with Japan's earthquake and tsunami victims. I've also been trying to 'look on the bright side', keeping in mind that all this rain means spring flowers are just around the corner.

To celebrate my birthday, my family spent a lovely afternoon at San Francisco's Legion of Honor museum for the Pulp Fashion installation. Artist Isabelle de Borchgrave re-creates period costumes ranging from the Elizabethan era to Dior's New Look entirely out of paper! It is incredible to witness first-hand as you realize that every piece of lace, each pearl in a necklace, or every pleat of a Fortuny gown is made from nothing but paper. I'm so sorry that photos were not allowed inside the exhibit, but here is the brochure, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.


My parents also got me these adorable Marie Antoinette-inspired dishes from Anthropologie. They're so perfect for me!



And last night my good friends Kris and Stephanie took me for strawberry margaritas and quesedillas.


A lovely orchid from Steph. (We ate the cupcake Kris brought before I could take a picture of it!)


I also found time to make a few new necklaces. I'm definitely ready for spring and have been leaning toward whimsical pendants and cheery colours, including floral and Easter themes and rosary beads. Here's a peek of some of the items currently available in my Etsy shoppe.















Bon soir. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! I'm loving your new spring inspired designs and your colors, they're so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete