Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Leaves of Brown

The leaves of brown came tumbling down / Remember, in September, in the rain / The sun went out just like a dying ember / That September, in the rain*
Though it thankfully hasn't been raining in my area this week, the days are getting shorter and there is a bit of crispness in the air.
As a result, my jewelry designs are turning toward the melancholy that fall brings for me. Warm shades of amber and amethyst
mix with mother of pearl and shades of blue, like the misty skies.
I'm still loving bronze, mixed with rich jewel tones like garnet and sapphire.
A sweet bracelet featuring flowers, rosary connectors, and a rhinestone leaf, remind me of taking a stroll in a tranquil garden.
And here, a vintage celluloid sparrow brooch softly blends with old mother of pearl rosaries and rhinestones for subtle allure.
What has you inspired now that the leaves are turning brown?
*Songwriters: Harry Warren, Al Dubin

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Robyn! You are a genius! Truly! I think my jaw dropped as soon as I saw these pieces...I immediately fell in love with the bird necklace...and of course...it's gone before I could even consider to buy it!
    I think you should write a book and give courses...seriously...I'd be the first to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, I love your sparrow necklace! Its so soft and beautiful, wearable in any season and would be gorgeous with anyone's skin color. You are so talented! I agree with Alessandra - you should write a book or give courses in jewelry making :)

    ReplyDelete