Monday, October 8, 2012

Warming Up

With just one more week to go at my 'day job', and the weather cooling off, I've been warming up in the studio, both literally and figuratively.
Preparing for what I hope will become a more prolific career, I went to the flea market this weekend and stocked up on new (old!) goodies, then got busy incorporating warm jewel tones like garnet, pink tourmaline, citrine and amber into my designs.
Gold and bronze are a favourite for me this time of year.
And I am just in love with these elegant chocolate chalcedony briolettes I ordered from India! I think they complement fall's warmer fashion colours - and these Victorian cameos - perfectly!
How amazing is this antique Virgin Mary pendant? At a large 4-1/2 inches, I'm not sure what its original purpose was, but it's got the most wonderful patina! It reminds me of a wrought iron garden gate like you see in Paris.
I will leave you with these photos I snapped at the flea market yesterday. This dealer really went all out with the vintage Halloween displays! Until next time, have a beautiful week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you much success in your new adventure! Looks like you got some real beauties to work with. I had hoped to make it to the bead show last weekend, but it did not happen. Probably did not need to buy more anyway. :D
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete