Monday, November 5, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

I've been keeping very busy in the studio this week, but somehow even though I've quit my 'day job', there still never seems to be enough time to get everything done.
Between jewelry design, photography, blogging, shopping for vintage goodies, getting them listed on Etsy, and shipping sold items, I don't know how I ever had time to work before! (I know this is cliche, but true.)
But I'm not complaining! I love all of it! Here are some of the pieces I've recently completed, available now at The French Circus.
The pieces in the photo below were given to my rep for the wholesale market.
Please stay tuned, since I'm stocking up for the holiday season and will be featuring some pretty pastels and candy colours soon! Have a beautiful week! :)

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I read your cliche, because I always marveled at how many pieces you completed while working full time. Hoping you love every minute of your new venture and that your wholesale line is a huge success. Beautiful new work and it's such a treat to see your lovely photographs of your new pieces. A visual feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely one and all. good for you being able to quit the day job. living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, ladies! It's still scary without the safety net of my 'regular job', but I'm just going with it for now. One thing I have had time to do is play with my photography a little bit more, so thank you for noticing. :) Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the time thing. If you figure out where it goes please let me know.

    Your pieces are just gorgeous, and your photography is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I first quit my job to become a full time artist (14 years ago!!!!) how I was amazed at a bunch of things: How quiet my world had become; how I actually had time to design and not just fill orders (I was a needlework designer at the time); how quickly the days went by, the weeks went by, the months went by, the years went by; how wonderful it was to be available for my daughter; how appreciative I was for the above-mentioned orders and the checks that followed. I remember worrying that time was going by so quickly and I didn't know how to stop it. I finally learned to quit worrying, but it took a long time. STILL I have dreams about my old job and wake up so happy to realize that it's a thing of the past. It's a huge adjustment. Give yourself time. Enjoy your days, and keep making that gorgeous jewelry you make!

    ReplyDelete